The Basics For Trees Over 3 Years Old
Any tree older than that will received a 20% discount on replacement price for 24 months after purchase. Cost of carriage is not covered.
The Basics For Trees Under 3 Years Old
If your tree catches a terminal disease within 12 months of delivery, Trees Online will offer a 100% FREE REPLACEMENT (except postage costs).
If your tree catches a terminal disease from 12 to 24 months of delivery, Trees Online will offer a 50% discount on a replacement tree (except postage costs).
If you turn out to be a bit of genocidal gardener and even weeds die from your digits then you can have our sincerest sympathy and 10% discount on any replacement purchase from 2 to 3 years after delivery.
QUICK SUMMARY 0-12 Months after delivery 100% discount after tree disease verified.
12-24 Months after delivery 50% discount after tree disease verified.
24-36 Months after delivery 10% discount after tree disease verified .
1. The tree you purchased must not have been part of any clearance sale or any multiple item discount offer.
2. Each dead tree will be replaced just the once. Local conditions will likely be the cause of multiple tree death.
3. The tree must have died or become diseased from natural causes e.g. vandalism is not covered in this warranty nor neglect such as not pruning and branches breaking in storms and becoming diseased.
4. Disease or death to be confirmed by us via photographs provided by you.
5. If the tree(s) you originally ordered are not in stock, then we can only offer you the closest replacement e.g. bare root, younger tree, different species etc. No refunds are offered. There is no cash alternative or other replacement compensation other than a discounted replacement tree.
6. Freak weather conditions are not covered e.g. high winds (Beast From The East), drought, excessive rain fall etc.
7.The total retail cost of the replacement trees cannot exceed £250. For cell grown and volume trees, the number of failed trees determines which discount price banding is applied.
8. Additional postage costs from our couriers are not covered e.g. Isle Of Man.
9. Discount is applied to current cost of replacement not the cost at purchase.
10. Tree Warranty does not apply to damage in transit.
11. With trees less than 60cm e.g. cell grown and volume trees, warranty does not apply to first 15% of losses as this can be a natural failure rate and you can only claim once for each order e.g. if more trees die after your first claim, those are not covered. We reserve the right to request a failed tree for testing purposes and for you to send it to the following or similar organisation: http://www.stockbridgetechnology.co.uk/horticultural_research/commercial_services/plant_clnic/diagnostic.php The warranty will not apply if they find local conditions to be the cause and you will be liable for the cost of testing. We may also request a test replant whereby a small amount of replacement trees are planted in the same spot to ensure local conditions are not the cause.
12. Bare root and rootballed trees are also not covered for the first 15% of losses due to this being a natural failure rate.
We completely understand how frustrating it is to have plants die on you. For as good as we are, they do it to us too. We also understand that you paid good money for your tree and you may feel cheated and want someone to take responsibility. Before you decide that it must be a diseased plant from us, know that the nurseries get inspected between once and several times a year for diseases and that each tree is inspected before despatch. Also, if it was a problem with a batch of plants then the rest of the batch would have the same problem and we would see that on the nursery.
We use a tree consultant from each nursery to determine cause of death if possible and all replacement decisions are guided by their advice. If you feel their expert feedback is unfair or incorrect, we welcome any report raised by a qualified and experienced expert to challenge theirs. Your tea drinking mate down the allotment does not count, professionally recognised qualifications and work in a relevant job as a minimum.
For peace of mind, there have been only a few instances of neglect or mistakes that have been proven to have killed your plant.