All bare root trees available November to March only. The 2019-2020 bare root season is now closed and all bare root orders will be processed for delivery in November 2020.
Bare Root Ukon Flowering Japanese Cherry Tree. Click the link for Containerised Ukon Cherry Tree
The important things you need to know about our Ukon flowering Japanese Cherry tree.
- A spreading tree
- Large green leaves turn a rich rusty-red to coppery bronze colour
- Expect a height of around 6m at the 10 year point.
- Listed as 4 in the blossom scale
- The Ukon flowering Cherry tree has won the RHS Award Of Garden Merit
- It will tolerate chalk, sand, loam and clay soil
- If possible plant in a full sun position that can be either sheltered or exposed.
- Prunus Serrulata Ukon as a rule requires little to no pruning
- This tree is supplied at a height of between 1.25m to 2.0m
Do I Need To Stake My Bare Root Tree?
9 out of 10 times the answer will be no, especially if under 200cm tall. However our article on Tree Staking should help guide you.
All Our Trees Are Grown In The UK
As far as we know, none of our trees have sneaked off for holidays abroad and so are UK Grown.
Planting In The Corner Of A Garden
Air and light is reduced in this location which could promote fungus and bacterial issues. If the corner is of the house and a fence then you also have leeching issues to contend with from cement and wood preservatives. Also when it rains, that area would experience higher water levels so we advise against it.
Ornamental Tree Roots In The Shade e.g. Behind A Fence
It is more important that that foliage (posh term for leaves) receives the sunlight than the roots.
Have good drainage as water and no sun is the start of algae and other issues.
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);